Advanced Website Creator

Web development tools
It is currently Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:27 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:57 pm 

Hi there, i just sent you guys a email bout my problem in the border background parts, cause everytime i converted the file into a css the two border backgrounds on both left and right is gone and also i wanted to ask the problem into the text part cause the text contains more spaces when it is converted and it moves the template down. and btw i attach the html file on the email for you to see.

thanks and best regards to all

rhon

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:45 pm 
Site Admin

rhon88 wrote:
Hi there, i just sent you guys a email bout my problem in the border background parts, cause everytime i converted the file into a css the two border backgrounds on both left and right is gone and also i wanted to ask the problem into the text part cause the text contains more spaces when it is converted and it moves the template down. and btw i attach the html file on the email for you to see.

rhon

Hi Rhon,
I could not reproduce the problem with the background so I emailed you a couple of questions. It would be best if you could email me a screenshot of the converted page the way you see it in your browser.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:03 pm 

vesselin wrote:
rhon88 wrote:

rhon

Hi Rhon,
I could not reproduce the problem with the background so I emailed you a couple of questions. It would be best if you could email me a screenshot of the converted page the way you see it in your browser.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Hi Vesselin, i just send you an email containing the attach zip file for the screen shots. the zip file includes the original unconverted html file and the converted html file. i also include some encircled notes on both of the 2 image screen shots.

thanks and best regards,
rhon

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ronald,
I have sent you a reply by email. Basically the text and font color problems are caused by the fact that you have a CSS rule in your original file that explicitly targets TD elements, that is it looks like: td {...}. In my email I sent you a possible solution for this problem.

Now regarding missing borders - it is not something that happens on my computer when I convert your sample file. In my case the borders are present. Can you please send me the converted version main.html file?

Best regards,
Vesselin

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:57 pm 

vesselin wrote:
Hi Ronald,
I have sent you a reply by email. Basically the text and font color problems are caused by the fact that you have a CSS rule in your original file that explicitly targets TD elements, that is it looks like: td {...}. In my email I sent you a possible solution for this problem.

Now regarding missing borders - it is not something that happens on my computer when I convert your sample file. In my case the borders are present. Can you please send me the converted version main.html file?

Best regards,
Vesselin

Hi Vesselin,

i have just emailed you a zip file containing the converted html file. the filename of the converted one is converted.html

thanks and best regards

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

rhon88 wrote:
vesselin wrote:
Hi Ronald,

Best regards,
Vesselin

Hi Vesselin,

i have just emailed you a zip file containing the converted html file. the filename of the converted one is converted.html

thanks and best regards

Hi Ronald,
It seems that you have converted the file using the "Images to CSS" option. Try disabling it before the conversion and the problem with backgrounds should be solved.

The other issues that you mentioned earlier can be solved by altering the td {...} rule - use the example that I mentioned above.

Also on a side note - if you plan to put the converted page online you will probably want to perform the conversion using "Relative" links type instead of the "Absolute" links that you have used for the conversion.

Please let me know if you meet other problems or if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:27 pm 

vesselin wrote:
rhon88 wrote:
vesselin wrote:
Hi Ronald,

Best regards,
Vesselin

Hi Vesselin,

thanks and best regards

Hi Ronald,
It seems that you have converted the file using the "Images to CSS" option. Try disabling it before the conversion and the problem with backgrounds should be solved.

The other issues that you mentioned earlier can be solved by altering the td {...} rule - use the example that I mentioned above.

Also on a side note - if you plan to put the converted page online you will probably want to perform the conversion using "Relative" links type instead of the "Absolute" links that you have used for the conversion.

Please let me know if you meet other problems or if you have more questions.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Hi Vesselin, thanks for the great reply :) the border and background issue has been fix and the only thing that i am having a prob is the text adjustments and all will be in good position, and is it okei if you will send a zip file for the fix text on the html file that i sent you previously.

thanks and best regards :)

rhon

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ronald,
Somewhere at the beginning of your converted file there is a CSS style that looks like this:

td {
text-align: left;
vertical-align: top;
font-family:Tahoma;
font-size:9px;
color:c8af9e;
}

Replace it in some text editor with the following:

div {
color: #c8af9e;
}

This should correct the text alignment problems. Please let me know if the above fixes the problem that you observed.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:13 pm 

vesselin wrote:
Hi Ronald,
Somewhere at the beginning of your converted file there is a CSS style that looks like this:

td {
text-align: left;
color:c8af9e;
}

Replace it in some text editor with the following:

div {
color: #c8af9e;
}

This should correct the text alignment problems. Please let me know if the above fixes the problem that you observed.

Hi Vesselin, its all fix now thanks for the great help and all is running smooth now :)

Best Regards

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:14 pm 

more power to you product also Vesselin

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:54 am 
Site Admin

rhon88 wrote:
more power to you product also Vesselin

Well, the product is getting there slowly :-)
By the way there is a slightly newer and more powerful version. You can see the announcement here: http://forums.awcreator.com/viewtopic.php?t=107
and the full version is available at the client area.
The "official" announcement email will be sent out tomorrow.

Report this post