Advanced Website Creator

Web development tools
It is currently Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:10 am 

Hi Vesselin, thanks for the update bout your product and it surely rocks this time.

i just sent you an email bout my little problem on the converted file that i have. it seems that when i view the page on Mozilla the text have moved downwards, but on IE7 it works very good.

i just had a typo error on writing my email's subject to you.

this is my email subject:

Mozilla Browser Text Movie Error

but this should be the right one

Mozilla Browser Text Move Error

thanks and more power to you

rhon

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 8:23 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ronald,
Thank you for reporting the issue. I will take a look at the problem described your email and will let you know how to correct or workaround the issue.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:46 am 
Site Admin

Hi Ronald,
Can you please email me the original web page (the one before conversion)? I want to add the fix into Table2CSS but to do that I need the original page to make sure that the new version of Table2CSS will perform the conversion correctly.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:10 pm 

Hi Vesselin, thanks for the fast reply, i have just sent you my reply email containing the 2 attached zip files for the original and converted files.

thanks again and more power

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Ronald,
In this case the problem is caused by Mozilla itself. The way it implements
the CSS standard causes it in some cases to increase line height incorrectly

The good thing is that this buggy behaviour of Mozilla is present only when pages are rendered in "standards compliance mode". So the easiest solution would be just to disable conversion in "standards compliance mode". When performing conversion answer "No" when it asks you if you want to switch the page to standards compliance mode. Or just set "Force standards mode" to "No" before doing the conversion.

Please let me know if this suggestion corrects the issue with overlapping text that you reported today.

By the way your original page is using Quirks mode and that is why there are no issues with it. If it were using standards compliant mode you would have seen similar (although slightly different) issues with the original page too.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 5:49 pm 

vesselin wrote:
Hi Ronald,
In this case the problem is caused by Mozilla itself. The way it implements
the CSS standard causes it in some cases to increase line height incorrectly

The good thing is that this buggy behaviour of Mozilla is present only when pages are rendered in "standards compliance mode". So the easiest solution would be just to disable conversion in "standards compliance mode". When performing conversion answer "No" when it asks you if you want to switch the page to standards compliance mode. Or just set "Force standards mode" to "No" before doing the conversion.

Please let me know if this suggestion corrects the issue with overlapping text that you reported today.

By the way your original page is using Quirks mode and that is why there are no issues with it. If it were using standards compliant mode you would have seen similar (although slightly different) issues with the original page too.

Best regards,
Vesselin

thanks for the fast reply Vesselin, the error has been fix ;) more power to you and to your great product :)

Report this post