Advanced Website Creator

Web development tools
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 5:55 pm 
I just download v2.5.0 trial, and I noticed that it has significant problems converting our existing floating pages.

When I tried it the first time it was preset for "Absolute", and that conversion seemed to work fairly well. When I noticed that the resulting layout was fixed, I then found and selected "Floating", but sadly, the result was not really acceptable.

Maybe it's just difficult to accomplish our table-based layout in CSS...(?)

-Mark

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hello Mark,
Ideally it should be possible to convert all table layouts to tableless CSS, but there are problems with the conversion of some pages because the converter must maintain compatibility with many browsers and some of them have serious CSS bugs (in this regard IE6 is probably the most problematic one).

Regarding the specific issue that you observed, can you please email the problematic HTML page to support@table2css.com ? I would like to take a more detailed look at the original code and to see why it fails to convert well using a floating layout.

If you tried to convert a page from the internet instead of a local file, it would suffice if you just email the URL of that page.

Regards,
Vesselin

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:43 pm 

Okay Vesselin, I just emailed links to the page(s) in question.

Thanks!
-Mark

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:11 pm 
I just noticed that I sent the email from a different email address (at the same domain)...I hope you can "connect the dots"...but if not, let me know and I will send from the same address that I used when I registered on thhis forum.

Report this post

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:14 pm 

Anonymous wrote:
I just noticed that I sent the email from a different email address (at the same domain)...I hope you can "connect the dots"...but if not, let me know and I will send from the same address that I used when I registered on thhis forum.

And I also realize now that one can post to this forum without being logged in...which I just did. Yep, that was me. Sorry about that...I'm sure I'm not making it easy to keep up with who I am!

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 7:50 am 
Site Admin

MrMark wrote:
And I also realize now that one can post to this forum without being logged in...which I just did. Yep, that was me. Sorry about that...I'm sure I'm not making it easy to keep up with who I am!

Hello Mark,
That is OK, I realized that the Guest posting on this thread was actually you. Moreover sometimes I forget to login too before posting a reply to some question in this forum.

Now regarding the issues that you noticed with the Floating layout setting - I sent you a more detailed email regarding the issues.

The pages that you provided have been added as tests for the next releases of Table2CSS and I will notify you by email when a new release becomes available in which these issues are corrected.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:53 pm 

Thank you Vesselin - I will look forward to that update!

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:29 pm 

Hello. I am having the same trouble, I believe with my conversion to floating divs. Maybe I should post a separate thread. OK, will do that.. just look at the most recent thread.

Report this post