Advanced Website Creator

Web development tools
It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:14 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Demo Error
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:31 pm 

I get the following when I try to convert an html file (it is under 25k):

C:\Documents and Settings\...(my path to html file).....Failed to add the CSS file for HTML URL "file:///C:/Documents%20and......(path to html file)

The 2nd URL does not look proper. It puts all the files in the dest dir, all images and a css file, however the html file is blank, 0k.

Not sure what is going on.

Chris

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,
Can you please send the HTML file that you try to convert to support@table2css.com . I would like to take a look at it before I can give some specific advise on fixing and/or working around the issue. If the file uses any additional images, javascripts, css files, etc. please send these files as well. Probably it is a good idea just to send a single .zip or .rar with all these files.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,
I am duplicating my reply to you in the forum since it might help other users as well.

I checked the issue. Basically it is caused by the fact that by default
Table2CSS tries to save the generated CSS code into a file name derived from the name of your HTML file. In your case the HTML file that you try to convert is called results.html and Table2CSS tries to save the generated CSS into a file called results.css

However you already have a file called results.css in your directory (this file contains some custom CSS formatting code). If Table2CSS were to save the resulting CSS code into that file, your original CSS code would be lost.

The good news is that it is pretty easy to work around this issue following
these steps:

1. Start Table2CSS and specify your input file and output directory as usual.
2. Click on the [CSS] tab to go to the CSS settings. In the left column you will see a setting called "CSS file location" which has the default value of {FILE}.css Change that value to something like new.css
3. Click on the [CONVERT] button to start the actual conversion process.

Following the above steps will ensure that Table2CSS will save the generated CSS code into a file called new.css, so your original results.css will be left intact and the conversion process will succeed.

Please let me know in case you need further help with Table2CSS.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Report this post