Advanced Website Creator

Web development tools
It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:01 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:51 pm 

Hi Vesselin, i got a small problem cause everytime i finish converting the html file successfully, the page is fine and good on Mozilla browser and it is centered but when you preview the page on IE browser it is not centered. An example is the zip file that i sent you on email, pls. try to view it on both Mozilla and IE when the file is converted. Other than this problem everything is running smooth.

thanks.

Report this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:08 pm 
Site Admin

rhon88 wrote:
Hi Vesselin, i got a small problem cause everytime i finish converting the html file successfully, the page is fine and good on Mozilla browser and it is centered but when you preview the page on IE browser it is not centered. An example is the zip file that i sent you on email, pls. try to view it on both Mozilla and IE when the file is converted. Other than this problem everything is running smooth.

thanks.

Hi Rhon,
Thank you for providing the sample file - indeed I can reproduce the issue. I remember it has been mentioned a couple of times by another customer but since as you said it was a small issue, he did not bother to provide a sample file or url, so I could not fix it.

I will check the issue and most likely will provide a fix today.

Best regards,
Vesselin

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:36 pm 
Site Admin

Version 2.3.0 will be uploaded online within a couple of hours.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:45 pm 

vesselin wrote:
Version 2.3.0 will be uploaded online within a couple of hours.

thanks Vesselin, pls. send me the download link via email if the new version is ready for download. Best regards

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:22 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,
I am duplicating here the email that I sent you since other people may observe the same issue with incorrect alignment of centered tables.

The release of the new version will be delayed by another 10-12 hours - we had to try quite a few different methods for fixing the alignment issue and solutions which seemed OK at first turned out to cause other problems.

So I would like to provide a temporary workaround which you could use until the new version becomes available. While investigating the issue we tried different workarounds and the optimal one seems to be using a strict doctype for the document. The sample document that you sent me does not have any doctype specified. So just add
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">

at the very top of your original html file - just before the opening <html>
tag. After you add the doctype setting, you can convert that file and content alignment should be fixed.

For documents that already have a doctype but the doctype is transitional,
replace the existing doctype with the one that I provided above.

The new release will automate this process of setting the doctype.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:59 pm 
Site Admin

Table2CSS 2.3.0 has been released. During conversion it detects documents that are displayed in quirks mode and suggests switching them to standards compliat mode.

If you convert the problematic page and tell Table2CSS to switch the page to standards mode, it should be centered correctly.

Please let me know in case you still observe that centering problem.

Report this post
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:43 pm 

vesselin wrote:
Table2CSS 2.3.0 has been released. During conversion it detects documents that are displayed in quirks mode and suggests switching them to standards compliat mode.

If you convert the problematic page and tell Table2CSS to switch the page to standards mode, it should be centered correctly.

Please let me know in case you still observe that centering problem.

thanks for the fast support action Vesselin , i just tried the recent version (2.3.0) and it just works good and the problem has been fixed. Best regards :D

Report this post